Thanksgiving was a little different for us this year. Paul's family was all up in Cambria at his brothers house so we just had my family to celebrate with. My extended family (grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.) decided a couple of years ago to celebrate holidays on the day after the holiday so we actually get to spend some time together instead of all rushing off to multiple familes in one day, so that celebration was on Friday. Thursday we went to my parents house in the morning and they made breakfast for us. A little later we went to help serve lunch with my parents. Then we went home and had our own Thanksgiving feast. I pulled out my good china and silverware. I love these plates but I never use them. I have decided since the kids are older it is time to start pulling them out for special occasions. The kids were so excited about the plates and candles and fancy cups. We had steak, mashed potatos, and salad. For dessert the kids and I had made a cheesecake the day before.

Devon decided that her stuffed animals needed a Thanksgiving feast too so she and Merrick set their own little table.

Everyone enjoying their dinner! Of course I didn't take any pictures the next day. I need to start putting my camera in my purse and taking it out and carrying it around so I take more pictures. The next day was our big feast and the kids love hanging out with all their cousins and it is so nice to not have to worry about leaving for the next party.
PS. I have some funky underlining in the beginning of the post. I don't know how it got there or how to get rid of it since there is no underline button on the editing toolbar. So just ignore it.
1 comment:
I love that you added "Phares Clan" to your list, but you haven't actually posted your comment about gift requests! At least I know it's on your radar.
Post a Comment