Thursday, September 25, 2008

Love that imagination

Merrick has these books that he really likes called Captain Underpants. It is about 2 boys who hypnotise their mean principle into a superhero who wears his tighty whiteys and a cape. I hear the kids running down the hall and when I go look I see Captain Underpants (Merrick) and Captain Undergirl (Devon). Merrick had on his underwear and a blanket tied around his neck and Devon had on her underwear including a "bra" with a jacket tied around her neck. I took a picture on my phone and sent Paul. He said it was good blackmail material when they get older. Their imagination amazes me sometimes. When they play together they manage to incorporate boy stuff and girl stuff together. They totally make Barbie and talking Hot Wheels work together. I love listening to them play and hearing their imaginations working. One thing I think is funny is they always start by saying "pretend our mom and dad died". I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid, but as a parent it's hard not get a little insulted. I mean, am I really that horrible? I think I'll blame it on Disney, they have an apalling amount of orphans in their stories. There I feel better already.

No comments: